Monday 18 August 2008

Don't worry - I haven't been incarcerated...

Great word that, 'incarcerated'...

But I digress, I have merely been so full of hate for repositories recently, that I didn't want to dignify them with an article. And also, I am a lazy fuck.

I want to open by telling you about a social observation of mine; it stems from that painful experience that we all know, the "gotta-look-happy-to-see-them-but-don't-know-how-to-behave-where-are-the-social-boundaries" moment when you meet an ex-boy/girlfriend. The forced smile, the "sure, I give a shit about your life right now" faked attitude, the sheer weirdness of touching them again by shaking their hand (rather than rutting with them), finally leading to too many repressed memories being dragged to the surface - "why the fuck was I with her" - being a prime component of these memories for some.

Now, being primed with that information, I want you to take a good look at the meeting between Ms. Fedora and Ms. DSpace....

It's amazing how ex-couples tend to lead similar lives after they split up.

(I was going to erm... 'find' some video proof for this, by using these shots, a 3D animation suite called blender and the song by Katy Perry "I kissed a girl (and I liked it)" but, when I found myself at 3.35am, adjusting the hair physics of Ms. Fedora while her avatar swung around a pole and bemoaning how I couldn't seem to get the lighting just right for this shot, I decided to call it a day. There are obsessive paths from which you can never return, after all.)

No comments: